9/23/2001 – F1 Era Begins – Episode 0298
iRacers Lounge Podcast – Conversation Topics
Brought to you by:
Opening Audio Clip -“Your listening to the iRacers Lounge Podcast where we discuss everything iRacing, in a casual setting, enjoy.”`
READ THIS AT THE TOP OF EACH SHOW!!!
- Welcome to the iRacer’s Lounge, I am your host “XXX”. iRacer’s Lounge is a podcast for the iRacer, where we talk all things iRacing in a casual setting.
- Joining me are the usual characters, ————
On this weeks’ show well say hello to iRacing YouTube favorite Dave Cam. We’ll celebrate the one year anniversary of our great sponsor Gridfinder and we’ll check out what may be the biggest story of the year for iRacing, so stay tuned.
And remember you can follow along with us on your PC or mobile device in real time as you listen to the show and see for yourself all of the great topics and products we’ll discuss by visiting iracerslounge.com and selecting show notes. Hope to see you there..
TITLE SPONSOR READ:
Grid Finder 2.0 is bigger and better than ever with more ways to narrow your search for your next sim racing league. Featuring over 1000 leagues from over 25 racing sims across every platform, Your place on the grid is just a couple clicks away.
Visit www.grid-finder.com to find a league, or to upload your own!
Grid Finder – “The home of online sim racing leagues”
- What brought you to iRacing and how did you hear about it?
- Which series do you normally run?
- What type of hardware do you use? (Wheels, Pedals, ect.)
- What gear did you use when you first started iRacing?
- Do you run Monitors or VR?
- How many monitors?
- What VR headset are you running?
- Are you part of a team?
- Do you participate in any leagues or is it just official racing?
- What is your most memorable iRacing moment?
Guest Specific Questions:
- Sim Racing Expo – Germany
- Rock Solid Rigs
- Julie Wins!
Last week’s Bathurst 1000 stats from iRacing Reports shows Historic participation
Force Dynamics Dallara iRacing Grand Prix Championship
Maarten van Loozenoord took the win in the first round of the Force Dynamics Dallara iRacing Grand Prix Championship
Farewell to Maxx Harris
A fond farewell to fellow iRacier Max Harris
iRacing Rally Cross World Championship
Wednesday marked the return of the iRacing RallyCross World Championship fighting for a $25.000 purse. The first round at the rallycross at Daytona was taken by Tommi Hallman.
Staffer Tony Gardner announces that they have adjusted the color tone in the sim and, (maybe?) fixed the yellow color tones many have complained about.
Tony Gardner Posts:
For a while now we’ve been too a little too warm in tone, and the sun has overpowered the color mix too significantly, while the blueness of the sky was washed out. We fixed this and the fix went out in today’s patch.
The “yellow” world complaint should be gone or minimized and the colors do definitely pop more now and it looks better.
Gridfinder 1st Anniversary
Gridfinder celebrated its first anniversary showing off their growth in one year’s time.
Modern F1 to iRacing?
iRacing announced on their Twitter account that a pair if Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 team vehicles will be coming to iRacing.
2022 NIS – All Three Tiers
Nick Neben posted in the forums that he thinks it’s time to expand the NIS series to the Xfinity cars and Gander Trucks
Nick Neben Posts:
Ok, with the NextGen taking over for NIS in 2022 I know there are going to be some people who miss regular stock car racing. This isn’t a dig at the NextGen car, just the style it provides is not fun to some.
With current member number shooting way up, I think it is time to offer NIS – Cup, NIS – Xfinity, and NIS – Truck
Cup would stay the same and run 50% races with the special 100% races
Xfinity would run 100% races with Xfinity schedule (would usually be the same laps as NIS Cup)
Trucks would run 100% races as well from their schedule offering a shorter race of the three but longer than the regular weekly series.
Running Xfinity and Trucks at 100% would offer something different than the regular open series, and we don’t often get full races with these two series. If you tried to shorten them to 50% it would end up the same as the regular series and not offer anything different. I believe most people run NIS for the longer races.
iRacing Presents Petit Le Mans powered by VCO
Date: October 1-3
Timeslot #1 – Friday 22:00 GMT
Timeslot #1 – Saturday 07:00 GMT
Timeslot #2 – Saturday 12:00 GMT
Timeslot #4 – Saturday 16:00 GMT
MASCAR is still recruiting for his new league.
This is John this is the info for my new league. The name of the new league is call MASCAR. We will be doing a Dirt Series that will be starting on the 8 of November. To join there is a $10 fee. We will be running two different cars. We will rotate cars each week. The two cars are the Pro Late Models and the 358 Modified. We will be running fix setups has well. The dirt series will run on Monday nights practice starts at 8:30pm eat. I am working on getting a broadcast to do all 10 weeks. We will also run the Cup Cars next year when the new season starts. We will follow the nascar schedule. These races will be on Thursday nights and also will have a $10 fee. So please check us out I will put the website down below. I did the website myself so not the best but I try . Anyway thanks for all your help man we appreciate it a lot.
Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/Mascar-League-100473672386018/
Aftermath Podcast – Get it!
New Website – Leave Comments http://iracerslounge.com/
We are in the regular rotation… (Mike)
“OK TONY LETS TALK FANTASY….”
The DIY Mega+ is a platform motion actuator system
Formula Z Drive in Style
Formula-Z… Drive in Style
Pics from SimRacing Expo 2021
Res Tech X-1 Formula
The Res Tech X-1 Formula racing cock[it with monitor stand from Italy
SPARCO EVO QRT Racing Seat
NRG Racing Simulator Race Seat
NRG jumps into the Racing simulator market with their new $350 NRG FRP-600WT sim racing seat
CSE ASCARI Button Box [Greg]
ASCARI CARBON is a fully programmable sim racing button box, compatible with PC (USB) and Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base. The button box is designed to be attached to the mounting holes provided on the CSL Elite wheel base and is available for right and left side. ASCARI frame is made of beautiful and sturdy real carbon fiber to give you the perfect motorsport feeling . The unit is supplied with colorful customized stickers for the rotary encoders, elegant rectangular and rounded labels to fully customize your racing experience.
iRacing Dashboard [Hall]
Diogo Oliveira is offering a new dash solution for iRacing
Ellis – 2022 Sim Rig Project
Is Thrustmaster Back On Form? | T248 Review
TraxionGG reviews the new Thrustmaster T248 wheel base and pedals
NASCAR iRacing Series
Fri open: Bristol
- Ellis – p8 – started 15th got up as high as 2nd – got involved in a wreck w slight damage – then later running 5th got netcoded hard to the wall – just brought it home after that
Rochette P33 I screwed up in Q and that put me back in that mess and not being aggressive got me caught is crap. Meatballed so called it a night and watched one of the greatest Xfinity race finishes i ever seen
Steve – wrecked out
- Sunday Open
- Hall – p wrecked
- Tom D – p2. Finally back. My wheel is back and better than it was. Had long run speed. Unfortunately a caution came out with 15 to go. Not enough time to get the win. On to Vegas
- Sunday fixed
- Mike -pwrecked out – netcoded from 3 feet away eventually took me out – this was after getting massively wrecked on lap 2.
- Race : Vegas
- Wed Open:
- Hall –p18, set to loose early, thought it would build tight, but didn’t. Good car though and very long run after adjustments. Late caution ferry hurt my track position again, however was up near the front and and got caught up in late wreck.
- Ellis – pWrecked Out – Had a big save and missed the big one. Later i came washing up and nicked someones nose which sent me down but i saved it then two went to miss me they collected into the wall and i netcoded maybe 5 ft away and got destroyed
- Thurs Open
Ellis – p.Wrecked out
- A Open
- Hall – P1 – Win #116 after horrible luck in NiS
- D Fixed ARCA Kansas Brian P2 Started on the Pole. Got too aggressive in getting a big lead, but used up tires too much and was run down with 10 to go.
League / Hosted Races
- FastTrack Sim Racing League –
- David – p7. Wrong guess on the caution coin flip, but Don’t think I had the leaders pace, as me and Steven had the same pace, and leader pulled away from Steven who was on the right pit call. Did finish first among the old tire cars.
- Greg p 13
- Mike – p1 – got involved in the first caution a bit of damage – lost laps on long runs – had a good battle in the middle for lucky dog, ran my ass off….
- Stephen – p2
- OBRL ARCA
- Brian Iowa P13 made my way up to the front then got in trouble on a late restart
- OBRL Aftermath Truck Series Las Vegas
- 1. Dwayne Mcarthur
- 2. Josh Robinson
- 3. Steve Thomsom
Words Spoken in Closing Audio Clip -“”Thank you for listening to the iRacers Lounge podcast make sure to go subscribe to us on iTunes, SoundCloud, or Google Play, Facebook & Twitter, See You On The Track .”
- F1 Era Begins
On this weeks’ show well say hello to iRacing YouTube favorite Dave Cam. We’ll celebrate the one year anniversary of our great sponsor Gridfinder and we’ll check out what may be the biggest story of the year for iRacing, so stay tuned. So strap in and try to keep up with us on the iRacers Lounge Podcast.
iRacers Lounge Podcast is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, Podbean, Spreaker, Podbay, PodFanatic, Overcast, Amazon, and other podcast players.
Mike Ellis – twitter.com/MikeDeanEllis
Tony Groves – www.twitch.tv/SirGroves
Chris Scales – twitter.com/JediMcfly
David Hall – www.twitch.tv/mixmage
Greg Hecktus – twitter.com/froozenkaktus – www.twitch.tv/froozenkaktus
Tony Rochette – twitter.com/TonyRochette
Adam Josselyn- twitter.com/Jossad83
Brian Maccubbin – www.twitch.tv/MacRubbinsRacin
Tom Dreiling –
Kyle Pendygraft – twitter.com/LoudPedalGaming
Old Show Notes – bit.ly/2CFeArM
Facebook – www.facebook.com/iRacersLounge/
Twitter – twitter.com/iracerslounge
Instagram – instagram.com/iracersloungepodcast/
Web (New Show Notes) – iracerslounge.com/