11/18/2021 – Daaay-Laura – Episode 0306
iRacers Lounge Podcast – Conversation Topics
Brought to you by:
Opening Audio Clip -“Your listening to the iRacers Lounge Podcast where we discuss everything iRacing, in a casual setting, enjoy.”`
READ THIS AT THE TOP OF EACH SHOW!!!
- Welcome to the iRacer’s Lounge, I am your host “XXX”. iRacer’s Lounge is a podcast for the iRacer, where we talk all things iRacing in a casual setting.
- Joining me are the usual characters, ————
On this week’s show I took the iRacers Lounge on the road to do a spot interview with Kyle Busch and Travis Pastrana at the Nitro Rallycross event at Wild Horse Pass. The World of Outlaw Championship Series began this week and we crown Champions in the Dallara iR01 Championships and the World Rallycross Championships. All that plus new hardware and what’s coming up for Black Friday.
And remember you can follow along with us on your PC or mobile device in real time as you listen to the show and see for yourself all of the great topics and products we’ll discuss by visiting iracerslounge.com and selecting show notes. Hope to see you there..
TITLE SPONSOR READ:
SimCoaches offers the realistic sim racing equipment you need to win more races online…. It is designed for real racers… Hydraulic construction makes them feel just like the real thing. High-Quality Construction, 100% Leak Proof, and Lifetime Warranty are the key features with these pedals. And, they look absolutely amazing… Check out simcoaches.com and use the coupon code IRACERSLOUNGE to get 5% off your purchase. Simcoaches.com is your ticket to feel like your actually sitting behind the wheel of a car. Drive harder and stay on the limit longer…
- What brought you to iRacing and how did you hear about it?
- Which series do you normally run?
- What type of hardware do you use? (Wheels, Pedals, ect.)
- What gear did you use when you first started iRacing?
- Do you run Monitors or VR?
- How many monitors?
- What VR headset are you running?
- Are you part of a team?
- Do you participate in any leagues or is it just official racing?
- What is your most memorable iRacing moment?
Guest Specific Questions:
Getting iRacer interviews for our listeners at Nitro Rallycross
Has iRacing been in Norway?
Box This Lap’s website asked if iRacing has visited Norway. If the rumor is true they speculate that the most likely tracks to make their jump to the simulator would be Valerbanen or Rudskogen
15th to 1st
On the iRacing official Instagram, they posted a video of member D J McCabe making his way from 15th to first at Talladega
SARA Fall Brawl [Adam]
iRacing World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Championship Series | Round 1 at Volusia [Brian/Mike]
- Heat race winners were top qualifier Blake Matjoulis, Kendal Tucker, Alex Bergeron and Cameron Merriman
- Heat 3 shake-up Last years series runner up, Hayden Cardwell crashes on first lap and is relegated to the C Main
- Carwell gets involved in another lap 1 incident and can’t recover to make the main event leaving him out of the points.
- JD ‘Hollywood’ Brown, another series contender, suffers a connection drop and also gets no points
- Series announcer and former show guest Chase Raudman confirmed the scanning of Port Royal Speedway
- They interviewed Brian Carter CEO of World Racing Group, the premier sanctioning body for Feature event dirt track racing in the United States and Canada
- In the Feature Race Blake Matjoulis goes wire to wire, leading all 35 laps to take the victory with Alex Bergeron finishing second and Cameron Merriman in third. Matjoulis, a former World of Outlaws Late Model Champion, is a Rookie in the Sprint Cars and claims his stake to dethrone Alex Bergeron in the championship.
Monday Night Racing League
Kyle Busch takes the win in the Rowdy Energy Monday Night Racing League race at Michigan
BIGGEST sale of the year
Black Friday sale reminder for the biggest discounts of the year
E-Sports Weekly is an online, newspaper style weekly periodical developed by Jay Scalice and partner Brayden Goddard for an added level of immersion for the iRacing enthusiast.
The Short History Of iRacing
Robin Truswell put together a forum post with a brief history of iRacing including the first known iRacing review video on Inside Sim Racing with, now host of the Sim Pit YouTube Channel Suan Cole.
How would you like these stats from Gregor Huttu in the Skip Barber series in 2008?
Rx World Championship Finale
Vicente Salas won his first Rallycross World Championship race in the series finale at Charlotte, while Jon Robertson takes home the iRacing Rx World Championship title.
Who Deserves a SIMMY
You can vote now for the winner of the VCO Simmy award for 2021 year’s best eSport SIm Racer as well as other sim sport catagories.
Release notes for Season 4 Patch 4
eNASCAR Contender Series (Pro)
Donovan Strauss takes the checker flag in the eNascar Contender Series at Auto Club
10 Hours of Suzuka Stats
Rob Crouch has posted the stats for the 10 hours of Suzuka special event.
iRacing Top 10 Highlights – October 2021
iRacing posted the Top Ten Highlights for October
Force Dynamics Dallara iRacing Grand Prix Championship
In Round 9, the penultimate round of the Force Dynamics Dallara iRacing Grand Prix World Championship at Suzuka, Maarten van Loozenoord won his 6th of nine races to close to within 2 points of series leader Peter Berryman with one race at the Hungaroring to go.
Round 10 Hungaroring
Peter Berryman picked up his third win of the season and the title of Inaugural Champion of the Force Dynamics Dallara iRacing Grand Prix Championship at the Hungaroring Circuit after a tough points battle with Marten van Loozenoord, who finished the race in third. \
Listener Follow Up
- Name: Mark Coffman
- Message: That Tuesday Morning Wake-up portion of last night’s show was more than likely from the Dinner With Racers Podcast iRacing League. They have crazy car/track combinations every week. That race was the 2009 CoT, Gen 6 Cup car, IR18 in one class and Formula Vee’s in their own class at the same time at iRacing Super Speedway. They have real world racers racing with us regular racers week in week out. It’s a great time. This week was GT3, McLaren F1 in one class and Pro Two Lite trucks in another class on the figure 8 at Irwindale. You guys should check it out. They broadcast 1 of the races each week on YouTube.
iRacing Setup Stream – NASCAR Next Gen at Phoenix
iRacing posted their setup live stream with their Vehicle Dynamic Specialists for the next Gen Cup Cars at Phoenix on the iRacing YouTube Channel
The Apex Racing Sim Centre
In 2022 the Apex Sim Centre will open to, “allow our pro athletes the chance to work together and maximize results like never before. The best preparation, equipment, and software thanks to our partners will help find the marginal gains needed at the top level, while providing a venue that will be open to use by the Sim Racing community.” according their press release.
Reminder – Winter Derby
iRacing released the notes for the 2021 Winter Derby Late Model Race held at Five Flags Speedway.
Esports Driver of the Year
Traxion.GG also is taking your votes for the Esports Driver of the Year to be announced on December 19th at the AutoSports Awards
New Car InBound?
In a Tweet from Marshall Pruett, Corvette Racing has confirmed that they are working on a GT3 program, which always makes us question….
I’m giving away
iRacing Senior Broadcast Producer/Director Drew Adamson gave away 15 iRacing hats and 3 month subscriptions last weekend at turn 10 at the Petit Le Mans IMSA race at Road At;anta
Registration for Landon Cassill’s Qualifying Challenge is now open and the event fprmat has been posted
Registration opens on November 17th, so start your practice runs now. We’ll see you on Twitch on December 1st! #LCQC
Event is for family members of iRacing account holders who are 15y/o and under
Registration is now open for this 1 time only iRacing Pre-approved live broadcasted event November 24th race starting at 7:30 pm eastern in the free Global MX-5 cars at free Legacy Michigan track. There will be no cost for this event.Please register ASAP because spots will be limited. This event is for family members of iRacing account holders who are 15y/o and under.***To register send a league application to 3f Media league # 7677 and include your family members name and age in the comments of the league request.*** If you have any questions regarding this please direct them to me 3F Media and I will be more than happy to answer them. Have a blessed day and remember “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.”
Git’r Done Racing
Git’r Done Racing is a new iRacing League started by Pete (KokoPuffs) Kopko that is recruiting clean, respectful racers looking for good comradery and great racing. They are running races in the Gen 6 Cup Cars on Sunday nights at 9PM est. Drivers must be a minimum of 25 years old and have an iRating of under 3500.
Aftermath Podcast – Get it!
New Website – Leave Comments http://iracerslounge.com/
SIMCOACHES.COM Coupon Code
Referral Link – https://simcoaches.com/?ref=xh5klfqj-kl7&utm_source=affiliate
We are in the regular rotation… (Mike)
Mike Mazda cup Oran Prk – started p 20 got to 13th but dq’d out
Mike carb cup – charlotte – p1
League / Hosted Races
- Winter League
- Ellis – p30 – was 27th when people started pitting under green on final run – decided nothing to lose stay out waiting for a caution – cycled up to 10th, pitted when out of fuel, and caution as I rolled onto pit lane. Ended up lap down fighting for lucky dog and took it 3 wide but the inside guy clipped apron just a hair, and we touched spun.
Hall – p27 was running 20ish last pit stop made a mistake rushing in, Mike was out of gas, wasn’t sure if I could pass him or not and in the process I shifted into 1st and hurt the engine.
- Man Cave After Dark Thursday Night Truck League
- Mike – started p13 – ended p8- at USA
- Saturday – SIM 500 eSports Racing League Throwback ARCA Series
- Arca Car at vegas
- Mike – started p19 finished p17. 28 drivers in a caution free race i pitted right at the halfway mark. Which Short Pitted everyone else a couple laps.
- Chris Scales -p19. Stayed out and didn’t pay it until it was out of gas so led some laps.
- Arca Car at vegas
- OBRL ARCA Series
- Brian- Chicagoland P6, Solid race all round. Not aggressive on restarts, faster on the long runs.
OBRL Aftermath Truck Series
- OBRL Metro Ford CUP Series–
- Brian Daytona P20. Full field got involved in an early incident and couldn’t keep up the pace
- Git R Done Racing
- Brian Phoenix P6 – Fell out of the front of the pack when a blinking car messed me up. While in the back t-boned the heck out of a crashing car. Lucky we had a fast repair and was able to work my way up to 6th
Tyler P 12 It was fun racing and I had a blast. My last race (hopefully) with the OG27. I’m excited for the Lady n Black next week.
Words Spoken in Closing Audio Clip -“”Thank you for listening to the iRacers Lounge podcast make sure to go subscribe to us on iTunes, SoundCloud, or Google Play, Facebook & Twitter, See You On The Track .”
On this week’s show I took the iRacers Lounge on the road to do a spot interview with Kyle Busch and Travis Pastrana at the Nitro Rallycross event at Wild Horse Pass. The World of Outlaw Championship Series began this week and we crown Champions in the Dallara iR01 Championships and the World Rallycross Championships. All that plus new hardware and what’s coming up for Black Friday. So sit back, relax and join us on the iRacers Lounge Podcast.
iRacers Lounge Podcast is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, Podbean, Spreaker, Podbay, PodFanatic, Overcast, Amazon, and other podcast players.
Mike Ellis – twitter.com/MikeDeanEllis
David Hall – www.twitch.tv/mixmage
Greg Hecktus – twitter.com/froozenkaktus – www.twitch.tv/froozenkaktus
Brian Maccubbin – www.twitch.tv/MacRubbinsRacin
Kyle Pendygraft – twitter.com/LoudPedalGaming
Tony Groves – www.twitch.tv/SirGroves
Adam Josselyn- twitter.com/Jossad83
Chris Scales – twitter.com/JediMcfly
Tony Rochette – twitter.com/TonyRochette
Tom Dreiling –
Old Show Notes – bit.ly/2CFeArM
Facebook – www.facebook.com/iRacersLounge/
Twitter – twitter.com/iracerslounge
Instagram – instagram.com/iracersloungepodcast/
Web (New Show Notes) – iracerslounge.com/